La SciL – Large Scientific Infrastructures enriching online and digital Learning – is an Erasmus+ project to support high quality science teaching.
LaSciL envisions to empower and support teachers to become literate and fluent with the use of high quality digital tools. They will able to:
- create their own open educational resources for use of their students in open and distance learning;
- manage large numbers of students in an online environment, keeping them motivated to participate, maintaining or enhancing their science motivation;
- personalize their teaching practices based on the needs of their students.
To achieve that, LaSciL will …
- demonstrate innovative ways to involve teachers and students in eScience by sharing and exploiting the collective power of high quality digital resources (research facilities, scientific instruments, advanced ICT tools, simulation and visualisation applications and scientific databases;
- provide teachers cutting edge, curriculum-tailored educational scenarios that can be used, reused and adapted to their needs as well as act as a source of inspiration for the design of their own open educational content;
- careful monitor and assess the teacher training and implementation with students;
- select a series of good practices and construct a roadmap both for supporting science teachers and a for proposing a new organizational framework for the collaboration between schools and research infrastructures;
- demonstrate effective ways for involving a broader set of actors in the use of research infrastructures by developing a framework of actions that will attract young people to science and pool talent to scientific careers.