Access the full demonstrator in the Inspiring Science Education website:
In this demonstrator we study the motion that Sun seems to have across the sky (apparent) in combination with the shadows of terrestrial objects during the day. We construct a model to represent the rotation of the Earth, discuss its critical role for life and also discuss how important the scientific models are for research.
3 hours (max.).
- To represent the rotation of the Earth
- To understand what is really happening and we have daytime and night time
- To see that it took thousands of years for humanity to fully understand the celestial motions in our solar system
- To be willing to participate in constructions of the demonstrator
- To cooperate for the model construction